Saturday, September 25, 2010

Always a Beginning


I can’t say I know why, but often my friends come to me seeking advice. Usually it’s on love, dating, cheating, blah blah blah. Is it because I’ve been through multiple relationships- one with a woman beater, one with an apparent sex addiction problem, one with someone who was more like my brother, one with the classic bad boy, and one with the all around perfect man- only for me to cheat on him and dump him. Is it because every relationship I’ve had ended badly (most involving cheating) and I’ve lived with my boyfriends, moved out with boyfriends, etc. Or is because that through all the relationship ups and downs that I have been through, I’ve always managed to find the bright side? I learned from all my mistakes, learned how to make the same crappy decisions and fall under the same spells. And look at me now- successfully living with a boyfriend that I’ve been dating for almost four years. Is that why people ask me dating advice?
Do my friends come to me for advice because of all the other bullshit I’ve been through in my life? The usual sob stories here- no daddy, sexually abused by family members, homeless at sixteen, mother addicted to gambling, heck the only thing missing from my story is that I didn’t get knocked up or turn to drugs or prostitution. Is it because I didn’t turn to those things, that I still found a way to look on the bright side, that my friends ask me my advice? And look at me now- successfully working for the government, making good money and receiving excellent benefits, living in a fab condo driving a nice car, and writing a novel. Is that why people ask me for advice?
I got the idea to start this blog when yet another friend texted me asking if I could do dinner with her. I knew what that meant- something was wrong in her life and she needed advice from me on how to turn it around, how to see the positive. I thought, surely there are more people than my circle of friends that could use some choice words to knock some sense into them. So my blog was born. I decided to remain anonymous, just because I tell it like it is. Many fights between me and my friends have been started because my choice words (thanks Whoopi) and I would rather nobody in cyber space come chasing after me. I put little feelers out there, seeing if anyone would write in to me and ask their questions, and miraculously, people did! So now my Bitch Tips Blog will go public, and I will strive to answer as many questions from you that I can. I will post your question and your name, age, and location (or if you don’t want any of that information out there, simply say anonymous) and give you my feedback. You might love me, you might hate, I don’t really care. I know that because you scanned over the advice I wrote, some of you may take something away from what I’m saying- and that’s what I care about. Helping people. I’ve wondered too often why so many crappy things have had to happen in my life, so many why me? nights. Well, maybe it’s to help others, so they don’t have to go through what I’ve gone through. Whatever it is, I’m on a mission. So let me just crack my knuckles and ahhh…let us begin……

No comments:

Post a Comment