Monday, September 27, 2010

Too Slutty for the Fam?


I have been dating my boyfriend for almost three months, but have yet to meet his parents. So far, I have only met his sister and her husband, who seemed to like me a lot. My boyfriend’s cousin is getting married in two weeks and I will be going, but I don’t know what to wear. I bought a dress that my boyfriend says is way too “scandalous” for his more prim and proper family. But I don’t want a floor length dress that buttons to my chin! Is it okay to go with some cleavage? Or am I going to be forced to look like a nun for this wedding?
-Anonymous

I understand your tricky situation girl, I really do. But in this case, your boyfriend is right. Since you have only been dating him for such a short period of time AND have yet to meet to the parents, showing up in some shocking skin tight, cleavage baring, stiletto heeled concoction is a sure chance for you to blow any chance you may have with his parentals. Especially since they are more “prim and proper.” You don’t need to cover your entire body though. A rule I try to live by is either show my legs or show my cleave, but not both at once. Keep this rule in mind when you are choosing your dress. My advice for a family function- pick the legs. Much classier than too much boob and those tricky nip slips. Find possibly a one shoulder dress that looks elegant without being boring and add a great pair of heels (not too tall or hookerish) to impress his fam. Remember, you want his dad to think you’re a great catch for his son- not someone he wants to pay for a one night stand with. 
-
xBitchx

No comments:

Post a Comment